1) Had a troubling dream last night where my sister moved in with me (in this alternate-dream-universe I wasn't living with the fiance or he had left, not sure). In the dream I came home to an apartment strewn with belongings-hers and mine.
She seemed to occupying every space all at once! Pictures and stickers and clippings were stuck in clusters on walls around the apartment, half of my stuff was moved out of my room but she had her things half in mine and half in her assigned room. Then I tried to go to the computer to get into my email and she had switched the CPUs and everything was in gamer-speak with weird themed icons that I couldn't navigate.
At the end of the dream I was struggling to navigate what used to be my computer that had been infected with my sister's weird theming software. The alarm on my cell phone went off in the living room and I woke up-bewildered and troubled!
2) Visited the ER on Saturday after a sudden onset of intense cramps and hot flashes alternating with chills and goosebumps. Since I had the IUC inserted barely a week before we called the emergency line provided by Planned Parenthood in Bellingham and the doctor recommended I see someone immediately.
The fiance urged me out the door (I was reticent to get checked out without any insurance or money to pay a doctor) and we headed off to Swedish Medical Center's Mill Creek campus a few blocks away from our apartment. The ER was very nice and fancy and most of the nurses were friendly. The doc gave me the all clear and we headed home.
I was conflicted, relieved that I was all right but anxious about the impending bill and feeling like I hadn't really needed to see a doctor if I was indeed FINE! But in the end the fiance reassured me that when it comes to my health (especially a potential infection in my lady-plumbing) you can't take the risk of avoiding the doctor. My health is more important than any bill. Good man :o)
3) During a bubble bath reading session this weekend I experienced a sort of epiphany/vision. The book was dicussing Buddha Nature and in the middle of a sentence my mind exploded in imagery not directly related to the text.
The vision involved an early 20th century house with a booming garden. The house had been renovated into an office space and I was in a room/office with a "patient." I had the sense that there were other practitioners in the building and that we worked cooperatively with each other and each and somewhat different specialties.
The patient I was with was a young girl, maybe fourteen years old, and her mother had brought her in to "talk to someone." Apparently the girl was conflicted about her boyfriend and felt like he was stealing her time and isolating her from her friends and family (it wasn't that clear cut, but that was the gist of it). In the end we talked a little about her problems and then went to my "bubble room."
I'm pretty sure the "bubble room" came from the bubble bath I was sitting in at the time of the vision, but it was so much fun! There were big trays of water and bubbles and we sculpted and blew the bubbles around while talking about her life and worries. It was a little weird, but a powerful image.
I think it stemmed from my musings on vocation and thinking about my future lately, and it was such a clear cut image of myself at work that I was a little bowled over by the dream-skit. I talked to the fiance about it and I've also been looking into nursing and counselling careers, although I still find myself conflicted (someone who has been counseled herself, counseling others). Much to think about there...
4) Finally retrieved my bridesmaid dress from the back of the van and washed it in the bathtub today. I faintly remembered stowing something in one of the pockets and was able to remove a wad of tissue just before the pocket filled with water. I was quite happy to save myself from the frustrating desiccation of wet Kleenex!
5) The fiance and I enjoyed a delightful Sunday evening walk around the lake and spotted two big frogs in a water reservoir. I've never seen such a large frog in the wild and I was blown away. They were bigger than hockey pucks!
If we leave our bedroom window open we can hear the frogs croaking away all night. I've always wondered what they looked like and how big they must be to make that much noise-and now we know!
I can't help but think of the "frog rain" scene in Magnolia and how disgusting being bombarded by slimy, cold hunks of frog flesh.
6) The fiance and his hiking partner went to McClellan Butte this Sunday but their hike was cut short after a BEAR SIGHTING! A couple miles up the trail they heard big rustling up ahead. There was no one else parked at the trial head and after some shadowy movements they decided to abort mission and find another trail.
They ended up hiking Bandera peak instead and the fiance was pooped and burnt when he got home that afternoon. It was a very hot day and we think he must've wiped the sunscreen off his forehead after removing his baseball cap, because only his forehead was burnt but not the rest of his face. His arms and neck were pretty roasted as well, and it was kind of hard to sit near him without having my temperature escalate too!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for reading and commenting!
Be well, HBF